Built by M-Sport in conjunction with Ford Performance and Ken Block's Hoonigan Racing Division (HRD), the Ford Focus RS RX is the Hoonigan's vehicle of choice for the 2016 FIA World Rallycross Championship campaign. Based on the road going Focus RS, it has undergone extensive modifications to make it competitive on the track. Its production based Ecoboost engine has been upgraded to put out 600 horsepower and fitted with a 45mm air restrictor as per the FIA regulations for Rallycross Supercars.
Despite its short development period, the Focus RS RX proved itself to be a serious contender. Block took 3rd in the car's second ever event at Hockenheim, while teammate Andreas Bakkerud won three finals and achieved three podiums, placing 3rd overall at the end of the 2016 World RX season with it. His first win in Norway was a "perfect weekend" in which he won all four qualifying sessions, his semi-final, and final.
Ford Performance and Ken Block announced Hoonigan's withdrawal from the championship following the final round of the 2017 season. The Focuses would be retained for displays and demos, and not made available for sale.
DiRT 4 Edit
|Transmission||6 Speed - Manual Sequential|
|Engine||1998 cc / Straight 4|
The Ford Focus RS RX is an RX Supercar in DiRT 4.
- #13 Ford Performance - Andreas Bakkerud
- #10 Puma
- #94 Fahlström RX
- Block drove his Focus RS RX in Gymkhana Nine: Raw Industrial Playground. The Gymkhana spec of the Focus was featured in, and was the cover car for, Forza Horizon 3's "Blizzard Mountain" Expansion.
- Despite being an official World Rallycross Championship driver, Ken Block's livery is not featured in DiRT 4.
- ↑ BLOCK SECURES HOCKENHEIM PODIUM WITH NEW FORD FOCUS RS RX - R/X News - M-Sport News - M-Sport
- ↑ A RECORD-BREAKING WEEKEND FOR BAKKERUD IN NORWAY - R/X News - M-Sport News - M-Sport
- ↑ FORD PERFORMANCE AND HOONIGAN RACING DIVISION MAKE DECISION TO END WORLD RX CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM - Hoonigan Racing Division
- ↑ [HOONIGAN Ken Block's GYMKHANA NINE: Raw Industrial Playground - YouTube]
- ↑ Forza Horizon 3 Expansion 'Blizzard Mountain' Releases December 13 - GTPlanet