Colin McRae Rally is the first game of Colin McRae Rally series was released for the PC and PlayStation 1 in January 1998, published and developed by Codemasters. This game features real cars and real-world drivers from the 1998 World Rally Championship.
In Novice mode there are only 3 stages per rally, each followed by a Service Area, making easier to adjust the vehicle to the different conditions of each stage and repair the damage. Also the Novice Championship does not include Indonesia neither UK. Service Area adjustments included are: 1. Tyres (Slicks, Dry Grooves, Wet Grooves or Spikes); 2. Suspension (Soft, Medium or Stiff); Brakes (Rear Bias, Even or Front Bias); 3. Steering (Low, Medium or High sensitivity); 4. Gear-Ratio (Max speed, High speed, Balanced Speed, Good acceleration or Max acceleration). Changing the predefined setup will consume time: Tyres - 3'00", Suspension - 15'00", Brakes - 10'00", Steering - 12'00" and Gear-Ratio - 20'00". The total time available in the Service area for setup and repair is 40'00". The bodywork is repaired automatically.
List of cars
There are four 4WD cars, four FWD cars and six Bonus cars in game.
- Subaru Impreza 22B - 300bhp
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 - 300 bhp
- Ford Escort WRC - 290 bhp
- Toyota Corolla WRC - 290 bhp
- Renault Maxi Megane - 250 bhp (not available in version 1.4/1.5)
- Seat Ibiza Kit Car Evo2 - 230 bhp
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Kit Car - 250 bhp
- Skoda Felicia Kit Car - 240 bhp
- Ford Escort Mk II
- Lancia Delta Integrale
- Ford RS200
- Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- Toyota Celica GT-Four (only available by enter the cheat code "BEEFCAKE")
- Millennium 4 Rallye Special (only available by enter the cheat code "HIPPO")
List of countries
There are 6 stages in each country including super special stages.
List of drivers
There are real-world drivers are included in game.